Search is used to select:
- Resources based on the value of one or more headings: This function is possible in the Schedule or Resource views.
- Events based on the value of one of their associated attributes or dimension headings. This function is possible in the Events view.
The search for resources or events is only possible on persistent headings.
Now choose the different characteristics of the request, then click on:
- Apply to launch the search, then repeat the search again immediately afterwards,
- OK to launch the research and close the window,
- Apply to launch the search and keep the window open in order to perform another search,
- Previous search to obtain the resources resulting from the previous search,
- Create a filter to filter the resources whose criteria are all of the criteria defined in the successive searches.
This list shows all the headings for the dimension the search can be carried out using.
Select a condition from the list of possibilities, depending on the type of heading:
not equal to,
doesn’t start with,
doesn’t end with,
greater than or equal to,
less than or equal to,
is included in,
is not included in.
Quick, “full text” search
You can perform searches directly on all the elements displayed in view in table mode (resource or events views).
To do so:
- either click on the magnifier at the top of the view and enter the characters you wish to search for in the window displayed,
- or press Ctrl+F on the keyboard to show the search window in the top right of the screen.
The search takes into account the elements contained within the view.
The “full text” search function cannot be used on a Schedule View.
Create a resource filter based on a search
After performing one or more successive resource searches, use the “Apply” button (without having closed the Search window), to enable the “Create a filter” button.
Now click on this button to create a new resource filter that combines the previous searches performed in the same search session. To do so, click on Create a filter. The following window appears.
Click on Yes to display the filter editing window.
Rename the filter and click on OK to save it.
In a given schedule, you can search for one of the headings of all the dimensions in this dimension’s entire configuration tree.
Go to the Settings menu > Dimensions > Click on the Search button. A search window is displayed in the top right corner of the configuration tree.
Enter the name of the heading searched for. The first search result will then be highlighted.